Built: 1837. Original Building Name: Corson-Hand House. Original Location: Tuckahoe.
Guests will find a variety of fiber arts offered, including spinning, weaving, and wool carding. Lacemaking and wool dyeing are also practiced on select special events.
This 2-story house with a lean-to attached to the side is typical of the smaller residences built in Cape May County from the early 1700s through the mid-1800s. Its asymmetrical facade fenestration – with a center door located between two windows on the first floor and only two windows in the second floor – was commonly used in Cape May County, but infrequently anywhere else in the state. It was built on a one-acre lot in Tuckahoe by ship carpenter Aaron Corson, who sold it to Philip Hand, a shoemaker, in 1839.