Built: 1876. Original Building Name: Heislerville Store. Original Location: Heislerville, Cumberland County.
Currently, the Village tinker demonstrates how everyday objects such as lanterns and candle holders were crafted.
Built in 1876 by Goen Errickson, a grocer and shopkeeper, this one-story store was originally located in Heislerville, a small town in Cumberland County just 3 miles west of the Cape May County border. Errickson’s commercial building is typical of 19th century shops that were once common in small towns throughout southern New Jersey. It was used as a general merchandise store until the 1900s and in the 1930s served as a millinery shop. This was the first building to be moved to Historic Cold Spring Village in 1974.